Eastern Caribbean Amalgamated Bank (ECAB) is a full service commercial bank located in Antigua, which offers retail banking products and services to individuals and business clients within Antigua and across the region. The bank is owned by a consortium of five regional financial institutions and the Government of Antigua & Barbuda.
ECAB is one of eight commercial banks currently operating in Antigua, serving our clients from four convenient branches, strategically located throughout the island. Our four branch locations at the bank's headquarters in Coolidge, downtown St. John's, Nelson’s Dockyard in English Harbor, and Jolly Harbour, give us the largest network of branches operated by any bank on the island. Our customer focused business model is continually reinforced through staff training and development to ensure the delivery of superior customer service and the ability to effectively manage customer relationships with individual and corporate banking clients.
ECAB was incorporated on July 16, 2009 and commenced business on October 18, 2010 having purchased and assumed certain assets and liabilities of Bank of Antigua.
The shareholders of ECAB are:
Antigua Commercial Bank
Eastern Caribbean Financial Holding Company Limited
National Bank of Dominica
St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla National Bank
Bank of St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Government of Antigua and Barbuda
This extraordinary financial institution symbolizes the strength and determination that characterizes our Caribbean region and demonstrates the stability of our Indigenous Banking System.
To be the leading provider of quality banking and financial services locally, regionally and beyond.
To understand and fully meet the needs of customers through product relevance, service excellence, and the convenience of technologically-based delivery systems, while making valuable contributions to the development of Antigua and Barbuda and the wider Eastern Caribbean.
- Honesty and integrity are the overriding guiding principles.
- All employees are regarded as critical to the success of the institution. The proficiency, expertise, knowledge and vision of everyone are highly valued, and mutual respect and trust are greatly emphasized.
- All customers are regarded as critical to the success of the institution. Bank staff are therefore very customer-focused and responsive, and driven to exceed customers’ expectations.
- The good reputation of the bank and the integrity, sincerity and transparency that staff demonstrate every day, are held in the highest regard.
Continuous learning is valued, reinforced by a commitment of the staff to listen to customers, and to each other, in order to institutionalize the discipline, processes and methodologies that offer the greatest reliability and quality of banking service.
ECAB’s strategic intent is Operational Efficiency. The bank’s mantra is: Get It Right The First Time, Every Time.
The operations of the bank have been built on the pillars of Customer Intimacy and Service Excellence.
CUSTOMER SERVICE VALUE PROPOSITION
We base our customer service value proposition on personalized relationships with our clients. We understand their needs in order to offer customized and flexible banking solutions and advice. As such, all staff of the Eastern Caribbean Amalgamated Bank (ECAB) will strive to:
- meet the needs of our customers in a professional, ethical and courteous manner.
- treat all customers with respect.
- listen to what customers have to say and determine the exact nature of the request.
- respond to customer enquiries promptly and efficiently.
- act with integrity and honesty when dealing with customers.
- provide relevant and timely feedback to the customer.
- price our products and services competitively without compromising on quality.